My Scroll

Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Adventure Continues. . .

Morning Breakfast at on of my fave resturants in Tijuana, this was taken in there courtyard
My family and I finally had the opportunity to show Mark my second home town, Tijuana B.C. Mexico.  My mom was raised in this huge border city, growing up in San Diego, we were here often. This city is as familiar to me as any other place, there are many stories from my childhood that played out here. Mark was surprised to see how metropolitan this city is, culturally diverse and hugely populated. At the same time he was surprised to see how much poverty there is here, when just 50 miles north is San Diego with its science industry, and La Jolla mansions. I found his insights surprising, this husband of mine is too observant sometimes.  P.S. He drank the water and was fine!

Overall, we had a great time and he and my dad bonded over some new purchases. Read the next post.

This was taken at Plaza Santa Cecilia, its a busy marketplace.

I was trying to hold in my laugter, but we decided this should be the new
"Shaffer Discipline Tool"



Mark was a little hesitant to try his first "REAL" tacos in Tijuana


Tacos approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment